Earth Hour is a global grass-roots movement encouraging individuals, businesses and governments around the world to take positive actions for the environment, and raising awareness about climate change.
Earth Hour 2011 calls upon individuals and businesses to switch off their lights for one hour on the last Saturday night of March, that day is March 26th.
The campaign aims to assert that every individual act which is multipled to a large scale can make the environment better.
The most neccesary act people can do is switching off the lights for one hour. In addition, on that night everyone can celebrate and join Earth hour events in their communities. In Hue, from 20.00h of March 26th, there will be an Earth hour celebration in front of Luong Dinh square and people are free to attend.
How can you support Earth Hour 2011?
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 26 2011 wherever you are in the world
- Sign up on www.earthhour.org.vn to let us know you will be taking part.
- Run your own Earth Hour event, street or house party with friends and family.
- Take Earth Hour beyond the Hour by taking action for the planet and telling us all about it at www.earthhour.org.vn
- Tell the world through social media, or add our tools and downloads to your blogs and websites.
- Encourage your local government or community groups to run earth Hour in your region.
- Rally your office or business to get involved.
- Make a Lantern and send it your friends
- This Earth Hour, go beyond the hour by green lifestyle. And ask people to follow you!
No. The main point of Earth Hour is to show the world that a solution to the world's environmental challenges is possible if we work on them together - together our actions add up!
Earth Hour only asks that you turn off non-essential lighting. This does not mean you have to turn off your refrigerator, but we do encourage you to be part of this global action by switching off your lights, as well as making a commitment to go beyond the hour with a long-term behavioural change.
Safety and security lighting should remain on.